Trophies and awards are a symbol of accomplishment and for many players a source of great pride, as well as forming an important part of SHL’s heritage. Rewards are therefore an important part of the Siam Hockey League; especially since we aim for competitive games, while at the same time encourage good sportsmanship and promote fair play.
We aim to feature several different trophies of diverse categories, some of which are passed on from year-to-year. We will also have trophies that are generously donated and the integrity of those needs to be protected by a professional and consistent approach. Some awards, for specific seasons, will be of a more light-hearted and fun character to provide a humoristic and entertaining season-ending awards party for everyone involved.
Trophy & Award Types
Trophies fall into three broad categories:
- Trophy awarded for the winning team, passed on from year-to-year.
- Individual trophies passed on from year-to-year.
- Individual awards for a specific season.
The full list of trophies and awards can be seen in the upcoming chapter of this document.
Any player, regardless of position or status with the league, that acts or behaves in a non-sportsmanship manner or not promoting fair play, may be excluded from individual awards. This is subject to committee/" 4433 rel="nofollow" target="_self">League committee decision and at the sole discretion of the SHL President.
This rule is in place to safeguard the objectives of the SHL committee/" 4433 rel="nofollow" target="_self">League committee “To organize a recreational ice hockey league in Bangkok, for amateur players aged 16 and above, while fostering and encouraging good sportsmanship and promoting fair play.”
- Any change to procedures outlined in this document, requires a formal discussion in the committee/" 4433 rel="nofollow" target="_self">League Committee meeting, followed by final approval by the SHL President.
- The designs for the trophies shall be agreed by the SHL President, within the previously approved budgeted cost per trophy.
- All award nominees and winners of awards, unless otherwise stated, are voted on by the committee/" 4433 rel="nofollow" target="_self">League Committee and team Captains. The SHL President is tie-breaker if needed.
- Names of the winning team or player shall be engraved on the relevant trophy each year, arranged and paid for by SHL.
- A list of each season’s winners will be kept and this record, together with an historical account and photographs, will be made available on the SHL website.
- Trophies will be retained by SHL after they have been presented at the award party.
- The awards are kept and stored for display at “The Rink” from season to season.
List of Trophies & Awards
Category 1 & 2 – Winning team and Individual Trophies
The trophies will be provided and kept by SHL, passed on from year-to-year.
Category 3 – Individual Awards for a Specific Season
These awards are of a more light-hearted and fun character to provide a humoristic and entertaining season-ending awards party for everyone involved.