Download our League Flyer here: SHL flyer 2017_2018 – V1.0 – 20170709
To offer adult players in Thailand a competitive and well organized non-contact ice hockey league.
- To provide players with the opportunity to play safe, organized hockey according to the league rules and regulations.
- To manage the league in such way that it promotes good sportsmanship and fair play.
- To work with players to foster the ideals of winning modestly and accept defeat gracefully; live by giving credit to the team that wins and not to question or dispute referees decisions.
- To co-operate and work with players, sponsors, The Rink, media and other stakeholders to maximize mutual benefits and develop professional, long-term sustainable relations.
Expectations on everyone involved
- A fair and responsible manner, refraining from behaviours that are disrespectful, offensive, abusive, racist or sexist.
- The league will not tolerate behaviour that constitutes harassment or abuse or bullying.
- Avoid behaviour which brings the league and/or the sport of ice hockey into disrepute.
- Don’t engage in behaviour that endangers the safety of yourself and others; drinking alcohol pre-game is not allowed.
- At all times adhere to the rules and regulations at The Rink, the shopping centre and nearby buildings.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action.
Ten rules for all players and league members to live by:
- Be grateful for the opportunity to play ice hockey in Thailand.
- Play clean; everyone generally has to work the next day.
- Remain unselfish; change to keep the lines together, play fair.
- Buy your own tape and beer, always share generously.
- Respect the referees, without them there will be no game.
- Stay mature and professional; online, on and off the ice.
- Always support our sponsors, they help pay for your hobby.
- Be on time and notify well in advance in case of absence.
- Appreciate the work put in by the League management.
- Have fun, but always drink responsibly and post-game.
Long term approach
One important thing to consider before you decide to play in this league is that everything we do will be to make this league not only strong now, but lay the foundation to keep it strong for many years. We want players that consider it a great privilege to be able to play ice hockey in Thailand and we aim to establish a sustainable way of ensuring that the Siam Hockey League is here to stay. Therefore, not one player, not one team, not one decision is going to come before the greater good for the league.
As a nonprofit league, we use any surplus revenues to further achieve our purpose and mission, rather than distributing to Management and other stakeholders as profit or dividends.